At Coastal Dermatology and Aesthetics, we recognize that your choice of a dermatologist is driven both by the doctor's competency and personality. When searching for dermatological treatment, you need a dermatologist who is experienced, understanding and supportive. You get this caring attitude from all the staff at Coastal Dermatology and Aesthetics every day. Our staff works together as a team to be sure we are responsive to your needs and keep you informed about your health issues. We look forward to getting to know you.
Dr. Clayton Schiltz DO, MS
Education & Training
Michigan State University/Genesys Hospital/Silverton Skin Institute
Internship & Dermatology Residency
Western University College of Medicine of the Pacific
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO)
Western University College of Allied Health
Master of Science (MS) Health Education
California State Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo
Bachelor of Science (BS) Industrial Engineering, June 1997
Honors and Awards
Member Sigma Sigma Phi (national osteopathic honor society) 2006- present
Sony Electronics National Presidents Award – 2002
AOBD – Board Certified Physician – Oct. 2014
Chief Medical Officer, Coastal Dermatology and Aesthetics 2014 - Present
Staff Dermatologist, Silverton Skin Institute, 2014
Dermatology Resident, Genesys Regional Medical Center / MSU
Intern, Genesys Regional Medical Center / MSU
Pre-doctoral Osteopathic Teaching Fellow, Western University 2007 – 2010
- A three year, full scholarship teaching fellowship, performed jointly with clinical rotations during 3 rd , 4 th and additional 5 th year.
- Responsibilities included: curriculum development, lesson planning, development and delivery of lectures to 1 st and 2 nd year medical students, leading Problem Based Learning (PBL) sessions, “hands on” instruction of Osteopathic Manipulative Techniques (OMT) and working in various OMT clinics.
Senior Industrial Engineer, SONY Electronics 1997- 2003
- Project Coordinator of inter-departmental cost reduction team that saved over $12 million in fiscal year 2002.
- Headed team responsible for design, development and implementation of multiple internet applications to improve productivity within design department.
- Scheduled, tracked and coordinated activities between design and manufacturing facilities to insure smooth introduction of new models into mass production.
- ISO Quality Coordinator and internal auditor. Six Sigma Certified.
- Responsibilities included Project Management, Financial Analysis, Budgeting, Resource Allocation, Quality Assurance and New Model Introductions.
Station Engineering Intern , Pacific Gas and Electric 6/1996 – 9/1996
Industrial and Mfg. Engineering Intern , Allied Signal Automotive 6/1995 – 12/1995
Volunteering and Community Service
Pacific Hospital Dermatology Residents Clinic- Long Beach, CA
Assisted Dermatology residents and attending physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with various dermatologic conditions
Western University OMM Fellows Clinic- 2007-2009
Extensive experience assessing, diagnosing and treating patients with musculoskeletal complaints and somatic dysfunction
Western University Montclair Medical Clinic- 2006-2007
A free local medical clinic for the underserved sponsored by the university- Assessed, diagnosed and treated patients under supervision of attending physician
Medical Spanish- Ensenada, Mexico Summer 2006
Attended a (3) wk Medical Spanish Language course at University Xochicalco in Ensenada, Mexico, entailing (2) wks of intensive classroom language study and a 3rd week of combined study along with medical volunteer work in the community.
Life Wellness Institute Student Intern, San Diego, CA 2006
Chosen to develop patient information and scheduling database (50% of time), while working with Dr’s E. Lee Rice and Naresh Rao. in concierge practice(50%)
Rock n Roll Marathon 2006 – Medical Volunteer
Habitat for Humanity – Inland Empire, CA- 2006
Helped build 4 new homes for deserving underprivileged Inland Empire families
Extra Curricular Activities
Surfing, Snowboarding, Golf, Running, Basketball
- Member American Osteopathic College of Dermatology (AOCD)
- Member American Academy of Dermatology (AAD)
- Member ASDS, Member AOA